Monday 3 January 2011

My mini-babe is gone

A couple of weeks ago, my dear “mini-babe” camera died. It simply displayed the (in)famous Error 18/ “Lens Error, Restart Camera”.

image

I suspected the lens motor had burned or was stuck with debris so I tried reanimating it by performing CPR (ie, freezing/heating it up, opening it to see if something had blocked the mechanism). No success though.. but the backlight sheet is quite awesome when lit!

imageimageimage

Her last photo was on 12.12.2010 at 0:10. I pronounced her dead around December 23rd, noon.

The Canon Ixus 70 had survived 3 years in my hands. It endured rough situations such as my almighty night-go-outs, some noticeable drops to the floor, no casings used (directly in my pocket) and, most astonishing, surviving a full dive into a gin-and-tonic some months ago!

To honour her great adventures I post here some of the great photos it took from my flickr (btw, flickr camera search does not work…).

Workers Chimney Pool Nr 5 Water Chega de Saudades Windows Birds Baneasa Dance, headless Spring Tea Lamp Starwars warp Roman In the air Abstract Brothers Wainting for the star Disco Fever Insane in the laser Secret Walkway Long exposure

PS: I’ll deliver it to the electronic recycling once I’m finished with mourning…